Thursday, April 4, 2013

Blissful Baking: Cinnamon Belgian Waffles

 Cinnamon Belgian Waffles
Today I am a bit of a hypocrite. I went online and searched for a recipe to make Belgian Waffles. I found a recipe for plain Belgian Waffles, but I decided adding cinnamon and cinnamon chips would be most appropriate. : )


To begin, get out your waffle iron and preheat it. (Mine is so old... I like to call it ‘Shocky’, even though it doesn’t shock me when I use it and isn’t like, 50 years old.. Any HIMYM fans out there?). Then, I mixed all of the dry ingredients together. In a different bowl, the recipe called for mixing the egg yolks, butter, buttermilk and vanilla together. After you’re done with that, you add that the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Don’t throw away the egg whites! Those go into the batter, too. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and fold into the batter. 


(The original recipe also called for 1 cup of buttermilk, which I don’t have, so I substituted 1 cup of milk and 1 tsp of lemon juice. I added in a little bit of cinnamon in with the dry ingredients and threw in 1/2 cup of Hersheys cinnamon chips (ground) into the batter.) 

And then spoonful by spoonful, I put them in the iron. They took about 7 minutes until the steam subsided and they were ‘golden brown’. It really depends on your waffle iron. Bon appetite! 
-Bree


No comments:

Post a Comment