Monday, March 18, 2013

Music Monday: What Am I Listening To?


Norah Jones - Happy Pills

I adore Norah Jones. Her voice is simply astonishing. Her music (as I like to describe it) blends together eerie, blues-y, and classical styles- perfect to listen to on a rainy day. This song is not my favorite of hers, but I really have been loving the music video. The style in the video is reminiscent of the late 50’s or early 60’s and tells the story of Norah’s character getting revenge on her cheating lover through the use of numerous flash backs and flash forwards. The ending scene is my favorite. It jumps back and forth, from the past and the future. At one moment, it’s the future and Norah’s character is riding her horse through the woods, stopping at a certain spot by the lake and then, FLASHBACK we see her pushing her lifeless boyfriend in his car into the lake. It’s almost like a murder mystery story, but we already know ‘who done it’. One thing I’m still curious about is why there are japanese subtitles in the video… Anyway, If you guys ever have time, be sure to check out other songs by Norah Jones... because she's just pure awesome! : )


Happy Pills By Norah Jones




That's all for now,
 Bree

No comments:

Post a Comment