Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Treating Myself

Mini Sephora Haul: Treating Myself to Unnecessary Beauty Products

I have been working a TON lately and this past month hasn’t been that great for me. I’ve been under a lot of stress, so to deal with the stress I thought I would treat myself to some goodies at Sephora online. (Okay, not the best way to deal with stress... and I kind of splurged, but I have been waiting to buy some of these products for a long time)

Here’s what I bought:

Clarisonic/ Mia2™ Sonic Cleansing Brush Brightening Blossom with Boscia
I’ve heard a lot about Clarisonic working wonders and becoming a main part of people’s beauty routine. My skin is bipolar. Seriously. Sometimes it’s dry, sometime’s oily, sometime’s both. (The weather here doesn't help!) I try to use products that combat the problems, but feel like nothing works with my skin. So, I keep on testing out different products, seeing if I can find my ‘holy grail’. My skin has been awful this month, so I finally gave in and bought it. I decided to go with the limited edition Mia2 that came with a couple Boscia products. (It was only 10 more dollars and I’m a sucker for deals, so why not!) The thing that kept me from buying this product would be the price. I’m so excited to try this!

Perricone MD Nutritive Cleanser 

This was a bit of an impulse buy. It was one of those items I saw just before checking out and couldn’t resist adding it to my ‘basket’. I read some of the reviews on Sephora, saying that it helped minimize pores, clarifying, and improves skin texture and tone. People even said that the Clarisonic worked well with it. SOLD. I just want to find that cleanser that works every time- my go to cleanser. Never in my life I thought I would be buying a cleanser this expensive. Hopefully this works for me and it won’t be $39 bucks down the drain!

Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation


I have used Clinique foundation and powder ever since I began wearing makeup at 14. I’ve found that it works well on my super sensitive skin. The only problem is that they don’t have very many color variations. I have fair skin with pink undertones and have found that all of Clinique’s foundations have yellow undertones that always seem to make me look tanner than I actually am. (I have the lightest color in the Acne Solutions foundation) I’ve heard many great things about the Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation, and decided it’s time to try something that actually works for my stubborn skin tone. I bought the third lightest shade, which is 115 Ivory. 


So excited to try all of these products! It’s always 
good to treat yourself once in a while. : )
Bree

No comments:

Post a Comment