Sunday, June 16, 2013

Blissful Baking: Chocolate Chip Banana Bread


Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Since it has been a little rainy and humid (okay, the weather kind of sucks :/) lately, I have gotten in some time to bake. One of my favorite things to make year round is banana bread. It makes such a good grab n’ go summer breakfast and is something that requires little effort to make.  

Recipe:
1 1/4 cups of sugar
1/2 cup butter (softened)
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed (very ripe) bananas (approx. 3-4 medium)
1/2 cup buttermilk 
1 t. vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans because it was all I had :p)
1/2 semisweet mini chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350°F. 

Mash bananas in a bowl. I used a potato masher because I found it was easiest. Mix together wet ingredients and then slowly add in the dry. 

Don’t Forget to grease your pan with butter or vegetable shortening. After this, to ensure my bread would not stick to the pan, I put a bit of flour in my pan. I gently tapped my pan allowing the flour to coat each side of the pan. This trick really does help!

Bake for about 1 hour or until golden brown (and checked with a toothpick). Let cool for about an hour and enjoy!


Can someone please send some nice weather my way?
-Bree

No comments:

Post a Comment